Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Upstate NY Photographer: A Bride Made Me Think...

I limited myself on explaining a few aspects of why we are turning our attention to rustic, chic and country weddings.  The first and foremost reason is because I absolutely adore them and when you combine photography and passion, you can help but produce something filled with excitement and love.
However, the less romantic side of it all comes down to the technical aspects of barn and farmhouse weddings.  Lighting.
A bride came to me this week with an inquiry about her wedding in a nearby barn style venue. Her main question was about the lighting and if I would be able to photograph there. Honestly, I am not used to those kind of questions from brides, so it was cathartic for me to answer her.
Now, I know most venues for receptions and churches offer less than stellar lighting.  The most challenging, by far are the old dark barns and sweet farmhouses that cast very little flattering light.
The romantic wood planks and high wooden archways that enhance the fairytale atmosphere can plummet a photographers ability to capture the enchantment.
I have focused my energy in the past few months to become proficient in photographing at these types of venues. It's necessary.  With venues stretching from Albany, Oneonta, Roxbury, Hudson and Lake George this was something I was noticing not being done very well!
upstate NY wedding photographer, rustic, chic, barn,

Nothing should stop you from having the most romantic country wedding ever...just make sure you have a photographer that knows how to showcase it from the camera ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your editorial skills are as proficient as your photography is.

It is a delight to see your work and to read your thoughts.

Thank you for developing your gift and sharing it with your world. It has made many colorful additions to ours.