Sunday, March 6, 2016

I Want {Real} This....

As more and more people come to see us and understand about our senior portrait business, they also find our Model Rep team to be slightly amazing.  What is this model rep team? It's a group of juniors we sign on to work with us for a year in a variety of shoots and vendor promotions in our world of photography.

As I have talked to ( mainly) teen girls they say they would love to be a part of what we do, but they aren't models.  That's perfectly fine by me and here's why.
 I don't want something fake.  I want real.
 I want truthful eyes.
 and kind souls
 and a heart for others
 and passion for life
 I want introverts and extroverts
 horse lovers and life lovers
 I want quiet and dreamy
and bold and daring. 



I want real girls.

accepting applications for a limited time
www.amberjseniors.com

I will let you in on a little secret.  I work with some beautiful people, I know dozens and dozens of people who, by today's standards are beautiful and yet, they are the most self conscious people I know. It's almost exhausting, because I think... if I looked like them,  it would be #selfienation in every instagram post!  Everyone struggles with self image. Every. single. person.

So this year I am thinking of doing away with our "model" wording to describe it as something else that means so much more.  I don't know what that is yet, but I do know this, the teens I work with through this team are shy, outgoing, tall, petite, strong, have braces, curly hair, short hair, long hair, insecurities, confidence, athletic, artistic and I could go on.
I want real.  Be real with  me.
So, THAT is what this year is going to be about.  Don't get me wrong, we are going to be creative and awesome... with all our REAL girls (and guys!). Join the adventure.


No comments: