Sunday, February 23, 2014

Upstate NY Photographer: Athletes, Fashion Shows and the Hokey Pokey... Miracle Part 2

It will cost only $5 to walk through the door on March 28 at 7 pm for our fashion show at Sixty State Place in Albany, NY. It's been a large undertaking, but every time I step into the boys and girls club on Saturday mornings, I am recharged to keep this vision going.  Every ticket sale profit goes straight into the hands of The Capital Region Miracle League in East Greenbush.

As my Saturdays have changed dynamically since meeting the athletes of the Miracle League so has my perspective.  Additionally, I shared my heart with a few female student athletes at Middleburgh Central School and I'm pretty sure my heart melted with their response.

I asked if they want to participate and help out with this program, just once.  This would be mean giving up Saturday mornings, driving an hour and then driving back - obviously taking up at least half of their Saturday.

No questions. No hesitations. No excuses. Just about every girl from the Middleburgh basketball team took on the challenge.

Personally, I love when athletics and photography overlap.  It's my two greatest interests combining and creating beautiful moments.

Here are some of the most beautiful moments I had the privilege to be a part of ...
oh and the finale of the basketball program was this past Saturday in which there was a little bit of basketball and a whole lot of dancing...video of the hokey pokey...in coming ;)






No comments: