Thursday, May 9, 2013

Upstate NY Photographer: Brave

I have a few ideas and I might use each Wednesday or Thursday to post what I feel is brave or what I see to be brave.  I want to look behind the scenes a little and try to find different perspectives.
The first thing I thought of occurred to me while I was sitting at a red light ( see all good ideas come while driving) and I watched a store owner bringing items into his store from a delivery truck on main street in the town of Middleburgh.
Brave. Brave because over a year and a half ago Main Street in Middleburgh (as well as surrounding towns) was 8 feet under water due to Hurricane Irene. We all have our own memories of that Sunday.  Main Street had been wiped out.
Fast forward with remnants of blood, sweat and many, many tears- our little town has made business happen again, homes have been ever so slowly re-establishing themselves. Our home owners, our business owners in the little town in upstate NY, well, they are brave.



No comments: