Friday, November 30, 2012

Upstate NY Photographer: Glassblower Makes My Day

Once upon a time, I worked for a newspaper. That job allowed me access to tell the stories of so many amazing people. One of my last assignments before I left was following a very talented glassblower, Teddy Halstead.   I met Teddy at his shop and was visually blown away from the moment I walked in the door.

The brilliance of glassblowing is too complicated and in depth for me to actually write out. However, the end product is fabulous

A year later, a surprise showed up at my door step.



This glass-blown wine glass was created by Teddy and his brilliance.  Thank you Teddy for sharing a little bit of yourself with me. This is a treasure forever! I highly suggest, if you are looking for a gift that will literally leave someone speechless. Contact Teddy, wine glasses are just the beginning of what he has to offer.... Jedi Glassworks.


Professionally: You just never know who you are going to come across.  I'm surrounded by a world a talent and I only hope I can add to that pool of sheer amazing and never insult it.


Personally: Sometimes, just thinking of how things have taking a complete 180 in work and life. I believe that every one I have met along the way has played a role in creating my work. This might sound cliche, but that's ok.  My family has supported me, my children inspire me, God created me, people have helped me, criticized me and loved me.  Love is the strongest of all these, love is the reason art even exists.

Inspiration point:

No comments: