Monday, December 31, 2012

Upstate NY Photographer: Wrappin it up!

At the end of every year I think you look back and think..."wow! an entire year has gone by!"  Time flies and stands still all in the same moments sometimes.  There is a lot to look back on and reflect when you have come to the end of something.

Professionally:  I have been blessed.  I look back over the past 12 months and I don't look at what I have done, but rather WHO is in my life.  I have met some amazing photographers, clients and vendors all of whom I now consider friends.  It's rare a business can offer such extravagance in which as you build your business you enrich your life.  I love the brides I have worked with and still keep in touch with, I have enjoyed meeting people on the same path as myself and I am always touched by the friends and family who have encouraged me along the way. Yes, 2012 has been amazing.

Personally: This year I strive for a few things. I don't make resolutions, but that's a whole new post saved for my personal blog. I do look to change a few things.  This has nothing to do with photography as it does with life. Forgiveness and kindness. Two words that sound beautiful, but are difficult to adhere too.  People come in and out of life for reason. Even today, I can sit here and admit hurt feelings by someone and eternal gratitude towards others.  But it's time to let things go.  The beauty of art is self expression. Sometimes its obvious to others, sometimes only the artists knows.  Despite all that has gone in 2012, good and bad, those two words will compliment the journey that is 2013.  My work and my life will hopefully express my heart and all of it's good intentions in creating something magical :)
Inspiration point: 



Inspiration point 2 :  To be content with what I have been blessed with and to wisely seek after my goals and desires for 2013.

God bless you in the New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been blessed following your blog!! AND by you!!