Sunday, January 17, 2016

Finding Inspiration In What I Can't Do... What Do You Think Of This Piece of Work?

Embracing what I can NOT do has been a slightly backwards way of being inspired.  It works.
Things I Can't Do....
Paint
Sing
Sketch
Run for long periods of time
Conduct inspiration speeches
Math
Write Ridiculously good poetry
Wear white :)


Why does stating any of that help? Because it's an adventure watching what other people CAN do and why it inspires me.
It's no secret I love teenagers.  I do. Coaching a girls' soccer team has been one of the biggest rewards I could have given myself and my family.  This year a girl came out who had never played before.  Despite her lack of experience, she was a welcome addition to our teenage family of soccer players.
As I got to know her, I found out what an astonishing artist she is and will continue to be.
From doodles, to sketches to painting to much more, this girl will rock the art world.
She painted this and you will see it when you venture into my studio.

I asked her to incorporate our some of our colors and beauty without a face.  It's how I see people.  Everyone (yes everyone) has a story worth telling.  Everyone has something beautiful (even the most frustrating person you know, could probably inspire you.)

I can't paint like this. I can't even attempt to.  I can be inspired by it though.  I love it. What do you think?






No comments: